[thelist] Scope Questions

John Gibson john.g at maddockdouglas.com
Mon Feb 25 09:02:06 CST 2002

Hi all,

I have been lurking on this list for a week or so and now have decided to
ask my first question.

We are currently working on tightening up our web design scopes, simply
because they tend to be too open ended.  What I would like to do is in the
initial scope is put language in that says basically that "We will test
compatibility with the latest shipping browsers from Microsoft, Netscape,
and AOL.  We will also test compatibility with browsers one version previous
of the latest shipping versions from Microsoft, Netscape and AOL.

What I am trying to do is to keep clients from calling up and saying that
Netscape 2.0 doesn't work and they want us to burn hours to fix Netscape 2.0
or IE 2.0.

Also in the scope will be information that if they want their sites to be
compatible with earlier versions that this will require more time and money.

Any suggestions on where I might find such language would be helpful, and I
would like to see comments if this is realistic or not.

--
John K. Gibson
I.T. Systems Admin