[thelist] POSTDATA & CFML

Carlos Carter ccarter at amnh.org
Mon Feb 25 17:57:01 CST 2002

So here's the problem.  I have the user submit data through a form
and then I write a file that contains this data.  Finally I output
it.  So the user sees the content of the file and then if s/he
reloads the page this alert will pop up in NN6 for mac:

"The page you are trying to view contains POSTDATA that has expired
from cache.  If you resend the date, any action the form carried out
(such as search or online purchase) will be repeated.  To resend the
data, click OK.  Otherwise, click Cancel"

If the user clicks 'OK' then the file is written again and the
original data is appended.  This is a problem because this data
should only be found once in the file.  If the user clicks cancel we
are led nowhere.  Does anybody know how to prevent this using CFML?

Thanks,

Carlitos