[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Feb 25 18:29:01 CST 2002

>His 'guru' pronouncements are good defaults if you're
>too lazy
>or under-budgeted to do it properly.

Maybe if "anything is better than nothing" ... but I consider the guy a fraud.

His own website, useit.com, is not easy to use or clearly organized,
and the navigation is a nightmare; these things alone should be
enough to disqualify him as a usability guru.

Reading a bit of his site reveals an inconsistent philosophy based on
outdated information.

The only other thing I'm qualified to pass judgement on is his take
on Flash ... and as anybody who is moderately familiar with Flash can
immediately recognize that in his Alert Box addressing the evils of
Flash, he's criticizing something he doesn't know about.

Three strikes is an out in my book.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/