[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Feb 25 22:02:01 CST 2002

>while we're listing deficiencies, lemme add a few more:

Almost without exception the things in your list can be accomplished
in a 100% Flash site ... here are your objections that I couldn't
overcome by making a crude demonstration without too much effort:

>  - the lack of auto-complete (if you use it.  i do
>    and find it a huge timesavings, but it's completely
>    broken in flash forms)

>    - mousewheel

I'm not sure about the mousewheel, but you're probably correct.

>    - clicking a scroll button and the scrollable area
>      moving approximately the same amount as i have
>      all the rest of my window's apps set to scroll
>    - clicking and holding the scroll button and having
>      the scrollable content scroll at my configured
      scroll rate until i release.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/