[thelist] Keywords [was Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]]

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 25 22:15:00 CST 2002

> From: "Chris Lott" <chrisl at frodo.thethirdsector.com>
>
> My impression is that meta tags are indexed just like body content,
> but not weighted a lot higher like they used to be. And, of course,
> SOME search engines (particularly smaller engines that might be in use
> for specific projects or sites, etc) do still use meta tags... my
[...]

well, Lycos uses the description as the abstract for the page...

each of the pages at my co. site has a unique meta description... you can
see this at (note how each link has a different abstract):
http://search.lycos.com/main/default.asp?lpv=1&loc=searchbox&query=%22al
gonquin+studios%22+technical+articles