[thelist] .htaccess / PHP file creation / blog database design

Shashank Tripathi sub at shanx.com
Tue Feb 26 06:43:00 CST 2002

Hi Lach

    | Does anyone have some good links to articles on
    | .htaccess? Also, my quicker question is, in my meo
    | account, how do I redirect from the main directory to one
    | called 'thoughts'?

I am not sure if it is 'good' but here is one:
http://www.erudition.com/htaccess.htm   (Also shows you how to set up
.HTACCESS on Windows platforms)...

Redirection can be through the REFRESH meta tag, or through your
server-side script. Assuming you use PHP,

	header("location: thoughts/");

    | Secondly, does anyone know how to create files with PHP?
    | (I glanced through the function list for files, and none

How about fwrite() and fputs()?

Shanx