[thelist] Access DB permissions

McCoy, Alan amccoy at goodmanct.com
Tue Feb 26 06:46:01 CST 2002

I'm trying to make myself learn the subtle nuances of UltraDev, after
having used Dreamweaver 4 for quite some time. I have an Access DB set
up using the following connection string (file & folder names changed to
protect the innocent):

"Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};DBQ=e:/InetPub/Clients/mysite.com/folder/db_file.mdb"

Everything works fine when I'm testing it on my local machine running
IIS5...I can read & display data and the forms add data to the database.
However, when I post everything to the production server (also IIS5),
the scripts won't write data to the database. They can read and display
data just fine.

Is there a permissions issue with the Access file? Is it a file
permissions setting on the server or is it a setting within Access?

Alan