[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing (long)

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Tue Feb 26 08:16:10 CST 2002

>Anyone worth their beans would have scored above a 70.

>You're correct.  I hope the point of my last email was understood. I only
>meant to say that I prefer a more fluid discussion than a question and
>answer session.  I think it is easier on the applicant.

>Josh

There is (or should be) more than one interview with a candidate. If you're
lucky the test weeds out the first rounders from the second rounders. I have
interviewed where the first thing they did was test me and not waste any
time talking to candidates that were obviously below par. This is becoming
more and more popular in technoligical circles. In other places I have
talked to someone for 15 minutes and they signed the contract right then.

As for sr. level developers, none applied for this generically titled job
ad. So perhaps the market is flooded with less-experienced persons right
now. All the sr. level people I know are working.

Jay