[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing (long)

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Tue Feb 26 08:52:01 CST 2002

>GET is a web request to the browser, where POST sends info to the server.
>(They all said this.)

>I'm assuming they/you meant it's a request "from" the browser.

You're right, my fingers didn't cooperate this morning.

>If not ignore all of this.  However, isn't this technically true?  Here's
what it
>looks like when your browser requests a page: GET - variables in the form
<snip>

GET - variables in the form are passed via the URL. The GET method means
retrieve whatever information (in the form of an entity) is identified by
the Request-URI. If the Request-URI refers to a data-producing process, it
is the produced data which shall be returned as the entity in the response
and not the source text of the process, unless that text happens to be the
output of the process.

POST - variables in the form are passed via the HTTP request. The POST
method is used to request that the origin server accept the entity enclosed
in the request as a new subordinate of the resource identified by the
Request-URI in the Request-Line.

Technically?

Jay