[thelist] Hiring Eye Opener - Web Skills Testing (long)

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Tue Feb 26 09:57:01 CST 2002

The testing I am refering to is a hands on test.

For the job interview I went for with several other people we had a brief
interview then we were all taken into a room where there were serveral Pc's.

You had 1 hours to fix 3 pc's or get as far as you could - the interviewers
sat a the end of the class (memories of school days) and myself and the
other candidates were left to it.

Its a better way of assessing what skills a potential employee has - you can
see how they handle slight pressure and how they go about problem solving.

paul