[thelist] Good examples of corporate sites

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Tue Feb 26 11:10:01 CST 2002

>> I am having some trouble finding positive examples of
>> Usability/UCD on corporate sites.  I'm hoping the wider group can dig
>> up some examples.  Here are the restrictions:
>
> www.caterpillar.com (the big dirt mover people)

Oh dear. There are a forest of validation errors (just on the home page),
once you've got past the initial problem of no DOCTYPE URL or page encoding
spec. Most of them are due to the omission of ALT text, which means that all
of the links show as [LINK] rather than anything meaningful in Lynx.

Not the best example of an accessible website, I'm afraid. Looks good in IE5
Mac though!

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>