[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 26 14:08:09 CST 2002

matt,

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
> From: Matt
>
> Its been around for a while, but holds up as an example
> of Flash being used to its best effect:
>
> http://www.motown.com/
> check out "Classic Motown".
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

you're kidding right?

i find a number of things about that site to be backasswards or just plain
broken.  back button in my browser not working?  wtf!  it's cause of an
irresponsible js redirect.

frames?  why?

how do i link to the bit about gladys knight & the pips?  there was some
info in there that i think a jazz enthusiast friend of mine would like.
thank god they at least provided a way for me to select the text and copy it
to my clipboard.  at least now i can email him the bit of info.
unfortunately if i want him to be able to see it in context i'll have to
give precise directions on how to navigate to this "page" which will more
than likely require me to attempt the same steps several times myself before
i get it right.

there are certainly things about the site that i like (the year slider, for
one), but lots of things that could have been done better (the year slider,
for one.  yes, repeated on purpose.  nice idea, poorly implemented.).

i'm sure if i spent more than 10 minutes on it i'd find even more about it
that's messed up.

thanks,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/