[thelist] flash accessibility/usability

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Feb 26 21:36:01 CST 2002

> provided the html version is available and not a nightmare to use, then
> that's a valid point.  unfortunately, nearly every site i've seen where
> there was an html version developed to complement a flash shit that's not
> been the case.  the barriers to entry are as high for the html version as
> they are for the flash version.

Of course, one of the biggest problems with the 'both' approach is this
crap:

			Choose One!
	|| HTML Version || Flash Version ||

The everyday user then asks, "What the hell is Flash?", and "What the hell
is HTML?", and in the end they choose what they feel will be the friendlier,
because of the catchy name, "Flash!". Then what happens? They get
high-bandwidth content delivered via 19Kbps, clearly not what they expected.

I of course have no data to support my claim.

BH