[thelist] flash accessibility/usability

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 22:42:21 CST 2002

> From: "George Klingenhoffer" <georgek at prispop.com>
>
> I uninstalled Flash a few weeks back.  Every piece of annoying
> advertising uses Flash and hardly any site of note uses it for
> anything other than annoying little flashing boxes.  Why bother
> installing it if the only way I am exposed to it is through
> advertising?

i've actually disabled Flash on all my browsers...  i can re-enable it anytime i
want, but the last time i did that was to enjoy the new (Cooper) Mini site...

otherwise, it's not added enough to my browsing experience to warrant
allowing it through my pipe every time... sites that i can't use without Flash
get bypassed (you'd be surprised how few sites have HTML versions until you
surf without Flash)...

of course, the same goes for JavaScript, and all too often, images... i turn 'em
all off...

i also surf in Lynx a lot...

i am far from a typical user...

but i do all my buying research online...

yadda...