Liquid layouts and holy warfare (WAS RE: [thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing])

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Wed Feb 27 03:40:11 CST 2002

But they _nearly_ always set type sizes and then leave
the column width at >80%, innit?

I'm thinking about publishing a rant about how that
practice is 99% bad >:-)

/me ducks

<tip>
NT Servers get fragmented disks.

MySQL databases get really, really slow when the disk
gets very fragmented.  NT Servers don't have built-in
defragging tools.  You'll need one.  It's called Diskeeper.

http://www.diskeeper.com
</tip>

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com