[thelist] Re: Scope Questions [now also browser/target audience c onsiderations]

John Gibson john.g at maddockdouglas.com
Wed Feb 27 07:57:01 CST 2002

Thanks for the information,  The problem is that one of our Clients insisted
on the sites working from within AOL.  This is why we were putting it in the
scope template.

What I am trying to do is to make sure we don't get calls on ever little .1
increment, of like Netscape 4.01, 02,03,04,05,06 (you get the picture.)  I
want to be able to say that we are going to support the latest frozen
shipping version of a earlier browser.

Browser Versions are becoming a bit of black magic if you know what I mean.
I simply want to be able to deliver a tested product that will work on most
systems out there, and not support every little increment known to God and
man, and finally not kill the budget on hours of endless testing so as to
have a small profit at the end of the day.

John