[thelist] Internet Nudity Laws

Janet Green JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com
Wed Feb 27 09:26:16 CST 2002

to this, or a good place to look for this info.<<<<

Whatever laws there *might* be, I'd say the club owner mainly has a responsibility to put the material behind an enter button of some sort, which visitors can access after they read/accept a disclaimer which clearly states there is nudity on the other side.  If you want to place some teaser images elsewhere on the site, blur the naughty bits via Photoshop and promise the "full version" inside behind the enter button. While you're at it, why not recommend that he turn it into a revenue stream by signing up with "Adult Check" or one of the other age verification services? Nobody said the images had to be available free!

Whatever other info you  might find on specific laws, you will have some issues surrounding the use of photos of event participants. You'll want to protect yourself by having all participants sign a release which states that they *will* be photographed during the event and their image *will* be used on the club's website, including shots of them in the buff if they remove their t-shirts.

As far as where to look for information on laws that exist, you might try one of the adult webmaster help centers such as Traffic Matrix or Tom's Newbie Board. I'd give you a link, but I'm not sure of the URL offhand and I don't want to go out and look for it since I don't work from home - I don't want it on my surfing history back in the IT room. LOL

-Janet

PS Hey - what about a "wet boxers" contest too????