[thelist] Internet Nudity Laws

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Wed Feb 27 10:08:01 CST 2002

Apologies for the O/T post. Sometimes can't help myself....

<tip type="detecting JS functions across frames" author="David Mitchell">
A while ago I ran into a problem with and app where the below function was
called
on the page onLoad event. It then would call a JS function in another frame,
but because it was calling it before the other frame page had fully loaded I
was getting an error. It's easy to fix, just make sure the function exists
before calling it.

// called onLoad
function changeSlide()
	{
		// the function we wanna call exits in frames element[4]
		if (typeof(parent.frames[4].changeSlideRemote) ==
"undefined")
		{
			// it doesn't exist, so forget about it
			return;
		}
		else
		{
			parent.video.changeSlideRemote('slide2.htm');
		}
	}

</tip>

<%