[thelist] On behalf of

Miriam Frost miriam at members.evolt.org
Wed Feb 27 10:32:01 CST 2002

>>> If you decided to shut me out simply because
>>> you couldn't give a toss... it's not 'accidental', and
>>> it's not 'incidental collateral damage'.  It's a deliberate,
>>> calculated act of discrimination and hatred.
>>> I wouldn't think badly of you.  I'd hate you, down to my
>>> very bones and experience a deep-seated desire to barbecue
>>> your bastard arse on the flames of your own burning home.
> > If I am not paid for the extra work that it takes to do the things every
> > single reader wants in a webpage then YOU THINK I SHOULD BE BARBEQUED?
> No, but the person discriminated against will.
> I'll settle for a big-ass prosecution, resulting in
> a business-crippling fine.  What you're proposing is
> against the law in your country, and mine.

<tip type="winning friends and influencing people" author="Miriam"
attrib.="common sense">
A argument is more likely to be persuasive if it appeals to the opposing
debater's sense of human decency, altruism, or base profit. It is less
likely to be successful if it implies threats, coercion, or dirty looks.
This is known as the, "you get more flies with honey than vinegar" approach.
</tip>

Seriously. I'm going to make an all-flash, no-skip-intro-button, no-HTML,
all-sound site, and make sure the color palette is just right so that
everything disappears if you're colorblind. Just for you, John.

Obviously it's good (and the law, for certain sites) to make a site as
accessible as possible, especially for the target audience. As *possible.*

--
http://www.dynagirl.com/blog.shtml
Flashing for the sake of it since 1971!