[thelist] Theme switcher and browser differences

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Wed Feb 27 16:04:00 CST 2002

At 16:42 2002-02-27 -0500, aardvark wrote:
>any reason you've chosen client-side over server-side?

Three reasons:
  - I don't know how to program it backend.
  - I'm really into JavaScript.
  - I want to use the W3C stylesheet alternation mechanism.

>i actually never noticed ALA's switcher and built my own using
>ASP and cookies... all those non-JS users can benefit from it that
>way (http://roselli.org/adrian/ -- stealth is my favorite)

Well, the way I see it, if they chose to leave JavaScript out, they can
very well stay with the default theme - it's not supposed to be going to be
that bad a theme after all.

>have you tested the CSS in static test pages on those browsers?
>it's a good idea to narrow it down to the style switcher or the CSS
>itself... try static pages with the styles that you want to test
>hardcoded in the <link>...

The css should be all fine... it works standalone, in at least Moz 0.9.8,
Opera 6 and Ie 6.0 without problems.

// Liorean