[thelist] Netscape 4.7x as Default Browser....

Vic Wooten vicwooten at eaglewebservices.com
Wed Feb 27 17:12:01 CST 2002

???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Baratta" <Anthony at Baratta.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 6:00 PM
Subject: [thelist] Netscape 4.7x as Default Browser....

> Hey folks....
>
> I'm trying to find the "off" switch for Netscape/Communicator 4.7x that
> stops it from silently taking over as the default browser. I've searched
> the registry, liprefs.js, and prefs.js and can't find the proper setting.
> even waded through the developer.netscape.com site.
>
> Any pointers, clues??

I believe the next time you fire up IE, you should get a message that it is
not the default browser, and asks you if you want to make it the default
browser. Tell it Yes. Then, the next time you fire up Crapscape...er
Netscape, you should get the same message/query. Tell it No. After that, all
should be as you seem to want them to be. At least that's the way it worked
for me.

Vic