[thelist] Netscape 4.7x as Default Browser....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Feb 27 17:53:01 CST 2002

At 03:13 PM 2/27/2002, Vic Wooten wrote:

>I believe the next time you fire up IE, you should get a message that it is
>not the default browser, and asks you if you want to make it the default
>browser. Tell it Yes. Then, the next time you fire up Crapscape...er
>Netscape, you should get the same message/query. Tell it No. After that, all
>should be as you seem to want them to be. At least that's the way it worked
>for me.

I currently run Netscape 6.2.x, IE 5.0x, Mozilla 0.9.8 and Netscape
Communicator 4.7.x on my Windows 2000 Pro box.

Only Netscape 4.7.x does not ask me to become the default browser - ever.
It just silently overrides what ever browser has default status.

I've checked the Windows Registry, the lib.js files in the user profiles
and the program directory to no avail.

I was looking for a solution short of de-installing and re-installing the
application.
----
Anthony Baratta
President