[thelist] Netscape 4.7x as Default Browser....

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Feb 27 18:11:01 CST 2002

> Only Netscape 4.7.x does not ask me to become the default browser - ever.
> It just silently overrides what ever browser has default status.

I'm not saying this will definitely work or anything, but just for kicks,
see if the "Use Netscape Messenger from MAPI-based applications." checkbox
is checked under Mail & Newsgroup prefs. If it is, uncheck it. I have heard
of this causing similar problems before, but it was always related to
Netscape vs. other mail clients - not the same trouble you're having. Worth
a shot anyway.

BH