[thelist] Perl Net::Telnet 64 character limit ?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Feb 27 18:56:01 CST 2002

At 04:28 PM 2/27/2002, Michael Archer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am using Net::Telnet (3.02) to login into a remote
>machine (Redhat 6.2) and start a process. The problem
>is the command line is very long and what I see is
>that a ^M is added to the input stream at character
>63. The command is then basically garbaled and does
>not get executed.

I didn't see a limit in the documentation (
http://search.cpan.org/doc/JROGERS/Net-Telnet-3.02/lib/Net/Telnet.pm ), but
you might want to use the '\' character to break up your command line anyway.

e.g. %> this.command -optionone \
 > -anotheroption \
 > -yetanotheroption \
 > -andyetstillanotheroption

Just out of curiosity does the "print_length" function return the proper
command line length?
----
Anthony Baratta
President