[thelist] flash accessibility/usability

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Thu Feb 28 01:12:01 CST 2002

>You might
>be good at what you do, but your opinions are so completely
>narrow that they fit into the category of "does not compute",
>i.e., if you don't know about it, you, Martin P Burns of
>PricewaterhouseCoopers don't know about it, it must not be
>worth anyone's time.

Not that Martin can't speak for himself, but perhaps you should consider
re-reading about a year of his posts without any preconceived emotional
issues. Martin is not any more arrogant than most of us. Of course, if his
posts offend you, maybe you should stop reading them.

I followed this entire thread (two, actually, with various splinters) and
virtually all the rudeness and obnoxious behavior has been on the part of
the Flash proponents. (I'm not discussing Flash, I'm discussing manners on
an unmoderated list.) I won't even comment on Flash on any of the lists I
participate in, because it frequently deteriorates into the kind of
name-calling your message exemplifies.

If you have a point about the USABILITY of Flash, which is what Martin was
discussing, make your point in a logical, impassioned, polite manner. If
you're just interested in telling us what a wanker Martin is, do it offlist.
This isn't the appropriate venue.

spinhead