[thelist] flash accessibility/usability

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 28 02:59:01 CST 2002

At 8:44 AM +0100 2/28/02, Steve Cook wrote:
>[...] informative discussion forum that has been my primary source
>of information on a range of development topics [...] the list
>membership has [...] kept their arguments on
>the level of discussions about the technology or techniques ...

Point taken ... however over the last few days there's been a
gluttony of disinfo and uninformed opinion posted here, mostly by a
few individuals, individuals that I'm sure people other that I admire
for the grasp on their specialties and their willingness to share
their knowledge.

The members who've established a positive reputation here should know
better than to talk out their ass about a technology they're not
versed in ... especially when their comments are negative.

I tried to get into Linux last summer but found I didn't have the
motivation to do it, it was too unfamiliar ... but do you hear me
arguing that I can run a Win 2K server just as easy or easier than
anyone here can run a Red Hat box and I only had to invest a few
weeks into figuring it out and it's never crashed and what's the use
of Linux? ... has anything remotely close to that _ever_ been said
here? So why does the "Flash is worthless" thread comes up a few
times a year?

My theory: Because a certain meme circulating through the pin head
sector doesn't want the web to be used for anything more than
displaying output from their completely normalized Oracle database
with indexes as slick as Chinese silk ... granted, perhaps in table
rows with alternating background colors.

Some of us would rather use the silk to make cherry red "Never on a
Sunday" panties than let it sit on a boring spool until The Year 2525.

>Daniel, you are one of the few people I've seen who has decided to abuse
>this trust.

Assuming that that nobody's decided that Flash isn't worthy looking
into because it it's a bottomless pit of uselessness.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/