[thelist] NeoPlanet and Opera

Syed Zeeshan Haider zeeshan_paki at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 05:39:13 CST 2002

Hello Experts,
I am an experienced (I think so) user of Internet Explorer. Currently I
have Internet Explorer 5.5. I have installed NeoPlanet 5.1 and Opera
6.0. I inserted following script in a web page:
<script language="JavaScript">
document.write(navigator.appName)
</script>
Then I opened this page with different browsers. The result of the
script was as following:
For Internet Explorer:         "Microsoft Internet Explorer"
For Netscape Navigator:    "Netscape"
For NeoPlanet:                  "Microsoft Internet Explorer"
For Opera:                         "Microsoft Internet Explorer"
Note that the script returned "Microsoft Internet Explorer" in both
NeoPlanet and Opera. I am wondering, Why? Can somebody tell me why?
Another thing about NeoPlanet is that its most features are similar to
those of Internet Explorer e.g. Marquee, popup for alt attribute of an
image, right click menu etc. It seems that NeoPlanet has a different
body (window, buttons etc.) from Internet Explorer but it has the same
machinery (internal systems) as of Microsoft Internet Explorer. It seems
NeoPlanet shares the internal systems with Internet Explorer. What do
you think? Do you have any comments on it?
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/