[thelist] Flash and XML feeds

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 28 13:24:01 CST 2002

>>Grab "A stand-alone file that reads headlines from slashdot.org"
>>http://www.figleaf.com/development/flash5/
>
>That example was great!
>I can get it to work just fine on a PC but for some odd reason the
>file doesn't work on my mac-g4.
>Am I missing something? I'm using the Flash 5 and the latest updates
>on both machines.

Hmm ... are you talking about the .swf not working on the Mac? You
have to have the stand-alone Flash player to view Flash 5 - this is
only installed with the authoring environment. Drop the SWF on your
web browser or open the published HTML in a browser (choose your
publishing formats under File > Publish settings > Formats.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/