[thelist] Dreamweaver, CSS, and <td>

Daniel Frey danieljohnfrey at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 14:20:01 CST 2002

On 28 Feb 2002 at 14:47, Michaux Kelley wrote:

> it seems my styles aren't inherited in the design view of Dreamweaver.
i.e.
> my body text is set at .8em, which, it seems should follow that my
table
> would inherit this property, but no i have to reapply font-size to
<tds>.
> what up? anyone else had this problem?

------

I had the exact same problem - I was just learning CSS and I thought to
myself "Why bother?".  I got around it by setting a p.classname class
and surrounded all of my text in tables with <p class="classname"></p>.
I don't know if this is exactly the right way to do things (I ended up
using td's and tr's for formatting, only), but it certainly works.

HTH,
Dan