[thelist] Netscape 6.1, radiobuttons, and DTD

paul at one-pla.net paul at one-pla.net
Thu Feb 28 18:58:01 CST 2002

Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers announced:

>Isn't part of the point of radio buttons is that it's an either/or choice,
>which forces users to pick one of the options?

Your point is well taken. But I want the _user_ to pick an option (or not), not the browser. For example, suppose your form is a survey, and you don't want to bias the respondents by providing a default, or you want to distinguish between someone skipping a question and someone choosing the user-agent-supplied default. There's the problem. You could add another button ("none of the above"), but that's not the same, particularly if one of the real options is "none of the above".

Ah well.

-Paul