[thelist] Regex

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Thu Feb 28 21:13:01 CST 2002

Burhan -

That probably means that you don't have HTML::Parser installed on
your machine. I don't think it's standard with most perl installations.
Typically, you can get perl modules from CPAN, the Comprehensive Perl
Archive Network. Here's the help file on that:
http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html

Since you are probably running activestate perl, I think you can use
CPAN modules that they have ported, or something. A quick google search
turned up a few pages like this one:
http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.6plus/

which list a lot of modules that look like they can be installed by
activestate perl. I suggest you read some docs on activestate specific
perl stuff since that is certainly something that I have never tried.

I will recommend, though, that you make use of CPAN modules whenever
possible/practical/appropriate because they solve a lot of common tasks
really well. The downsides are than they are not all standard (as you
just found out) and that sometimes they are larger than necessary to
get the job done.

If you have more questions about this, feel free to contact me personally.
The rest of thelist needn't sit through all this.

Good luck, and I hope this helps you.

-Andy