[thelist] weird MySQL insert problem

noah noah at tookish.net
Thu Feb 28 23:49:01 CST 2002

Apologies if this is way too vague, but it's driving me nuts.

Does anyone have any possible explanation for this?

******
mysql> INSERT INTO candidate_information (can_id) VALUES ('999');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT * FROM candidate_information WHERE can_id = 999;
Empty set (0.06 sec)
******

I've tried all sorts of inserts using all sorts of combinations of fields
in the table - all give me "Query OK", but the data is never there when I
check.

This used to work perfectly, and it continues to work fine with another
table in the same database.

I'm hoping I'm overlooking something obvious.

Thanks for any advice,
Noah