Bilingual site (was Re: [thelist] PhpNuke, Postnuke, phpwebsite, which one?)

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Fri Mar 1 07:13:03 CST 2002

Thanks Alan.

The navigation and content should always be displayed in one language, not
both. Each user will choose his preferred language. The trick here is that
it will also impact content. All the CMS have translated navigation items,
but none (AFAIK) will handle multiple language content.  Each news item will
be entered twice (exact detail to be determined yet, whatever is easiest),
but only the entry that is in the appropriate language will be displayed. If
the user switches to the other language, then the other entry should be
displayed.

Most of our visitors have some good knowledge of the other language (and we
know this for a fact, because we know the visitors personally ;-)
Switching from one language to another on the fly is something we expect
will be done often enough....

So right now, my question is mainly which of the three CMSs mentionned has a
structure that is closest to what I'm describing? I'm unfamiliar with all
three of them.

Nicole