[thelist] Re: CSS and Dreamweaver Preview

Michaux Kelley 33mic at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 1 10:08:56 CST 2002

Mark,
Thanks so much. I realize the problem of reapplying em's to child elements
. .. well,
I was just hoping there was some setting that I was not turning on or
something that would
allow me to see my styles applied in the design view. I had been using F12
(IE 6) as well as
File>Preview in Browser (N4, N3 and Opera) to check my code which came out
as I intended
in the styles before I applied the em's to make the design view show me
what I wanted. I just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong when it
wouldn't show in my design
view. This is just something I guess we'll all have to live with until
standards are up to par across the board and WYSIWYG's are updated to
reflect the standards in the design views. I used to be a happier hand
coder, but I still appreciate the table layouts that DW affords. Thanks
again. Oh and BTW I am very happy to see that the ridiculousness of
discussing whether flash is valid or not
has left the building. The list is so much more informative for newbies
like myself.