[thelist] DreamWeaver: Comparing remote server to local site

Olly gnarly at punkass.com
Fri Mar 1 10:16:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Boisvert" <webdad at tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: RE: [thelist] DreamWeaver: Comparing remote server to local site

> Michael Galvin wrote:
>
> ..Any DW users out there know how I can check that all files I
> ..have in my
> ..local site definition are the same as the ones on the remote
> ..server

<tip type="Dreamweaver site synchronisation">
How to check that all files in your local site definition are the same as
the ones on the remote server:

>From the site window, select Synchronise from the Site menu.

Set it to sync The Entire Local Site (you can also set it to only work on
selected files), and Put Newer Files to Remote (It can also be used to get
newer files from the remote server, and it can get and put newer files). You
can also set it to Delete remote files that aren't on the local drive if you
want. Hit Preview and wait a while, and it will give you a list of
everything it needs to do. Press OK and wait. Et voila, all the files on the
remote will be the same as the local ones.
</tip>

HTH,

Olly.