[thelist] Moving a MySQL Database

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Fri Mar 1 16:53:01 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 17:05, NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com wrote:
> --
> Chris,
> There is a textbox on the main page for a database you have set up to run a
> mysql query, so you just copy it in there and presto! It is done.
> Or if you want, you can look at the dump of the database you are in, either
> just the structure or with the data, and copy that somewhere else.
> Have you looked at phpmyadmin yet? You will think you have died and gone to
> heaven, it is so easy to use. You almost don't have to know any SQL at all.
> Make sure you get version 2.2.3 though, it has some extra features that the
> older version does not have that are excellent.
> Nan

Yep, I have looked at it and can't get it to work. I have a mysql dump
file that I generated with the mysqldump command on my computer at home.
I am trying to move that database to my members site on evolt.

I log into phpMyAdmin and am trying to use my dump file to recreate all
the tables and data on the remote server. I see the queries section and
the little browse box to locate a text file. I click on the browse
button and locate the text file on my computer and then I press go and
it seems to upload.

I then get a message saying that it ran the sql query without a problem
but there are still no tables in the database.

What am I missing?

/chris