[thelist] Site Feedback

Michael Barrett mbarrett at triad.rr.com
Sun Mar 3 21:06:01 CST 2002

Could the list hook a brother up with some site feedback?

http://www.uncg.edu/~mwbarret/

I'd like some impressions of design and layout...
This is my 2nd attempt at a pure CSS layout, and I'd like to see if there
are any unexpected goobers.

I've validated the code and css (at least the home page)

This site will be the resources and lectures and such for the second half of
a course I'm teaching, I know that the main audience will be my class, so I
feel perfectly justified in demanding that they use IE 5+ or Netscape 6+ ...
The lack of layout in NN 4.x is quite on purpose. (yay @import hack!)

<tip type="Windows IE 5.5 CSS 2 rendering quirk" author="Michael Barrett">
When Positioning an element using 'position:fixed' I've noticed that IE 5.5
in windows:
1. Does not recognize "fixed" properly, and treats the element as sort of
absolutely positioned. The positioning may be off a bit.
2. Mixing "fixed" and "absolute" positioned items yields some wonky results.
Elements will sometimes not appear on page load, but will appear after
hitting refresh, or hitting the back button.
</tip>

--
Michael Barrett
-O^O-