[thelist] Printing a document

Ian Glass iancglass at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 23:50:01 CST 2002

I know this is a bit untimely, so my apologies.

I think you can do it with an alternate link for print:
   <link rel="Alternate" media="print" href="print.doc" />

A browser should send the alternate page to the printer when a user hits the
correct button in the browser.  I don't think it works in NS4 (which isn't
too surprising), but I think this was one of those things Microsoft started
to implement as far back as IE4 (I reiterate: I think).

I'm pretty sure that it'll work for Word docs (providing. of course, your
users have Word installed), but I'm unsure it will for Acrobat files, though
I see no reason why it shouldn't.

Hope This Helps  :-)

~~Ian