[thelist] Request for Site Critique - glasshaus

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 5 08:31:01 CST 2002

> From: "Christoffer Spang" <evolt at spang.net>
>
> Take a look at http://www.7thzeal.com/glasshaus.gif.
> All I did was change the browser's (IE 6.0) font size.
>
> And remember: Using a fixed font size is not (a good) solution :)

it's worth noting that you need not even change font sizes...

there are many many people on laptops and other flat panel
displays that run at resolutions other than 72ppi or 96ppi...

my guess is if you reset your display to, say, 120ppi, you'd see the
same problem...  i just did some consulting for a company who's
web site fell under the very same situation...

*relative* units, *relative* positioning...

although, IMO, there's no need for the tabled nav or header if you're
going to be doing a CSS-P layout...