[thelist] developer ethics?

the piper of oz thepiper at australia.edu
Tue Mar 5 16:00:00 CST 2002

>>  But passing tests indicates some knowledge, right?

>Not necessarily. I know that E=MC2. I have no idea what it means thought.

think about what you're saying; 'it indicates some knowledge' and you reply,
'i know' this or that. SOME knowledge, not complete knowledge.

a test or cert is just a starting point. i'd sure rather have an applicant with
a cert than someone who used to be a plumber or uses WYSIWYGs only. at least
they've proven 'some knowledge' as opposed to near total ignorance, which is
entirely possible without some kind of test or cert.

piper
http://australia.edu