[thelist] PHP upload test on members.evolt.org

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Tue Mar 5 21:08:01 CST 2002

>Hmm, see my similar problem with getting an upload script to work. It seems
>like I can see the file, get the filetype, the filesize, etc. Everything
>except the actual file.
>
>>I believed that once I did a file upload, I move it (using
>>move_uploaded_file) to "/~username/public_html/filename" ...
>>however it dies every time.  *grrr*
>>  I've also tried "/home/username/public_html" , and that doesn't
>>work either.
>>
>>Anyone else have this down?

I'd say that odds are *really* good that file uploads via PHP have
been temporarily disabled on m.e.o. accounts for security reasons,
until an upgrade to version 4.1.2 is installed. I've emailed Dan
about it offlist.

<tip type="PHP naming conventions">
The PHP API uses underscores to separate functions (e.g.:
mysql_fetch_object()). Java prefers studly caps (e.g.:
System.currentTimeMillis ()).

Sustainable naming conventions can get quite confusing when creating
packages (well, pseudo-packages), classes, and class methods in PHP.
A de-facto standard has been outlined by PEAR (PHP Extension and
Application Repository) for use on additions to the project:

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/standards.php
</tip>

--
Andrew Forsberg