[thelist] Displaying all items in a web page at once.

Wolfgang Klinger (mokka) wolfgang.klinger at mokka.at
Wed Mar 6 07:47:01 CST 2002

hiya!

> We're working on a kiosk for a client, and were wondering about
> implementing
> something that I thought wasn't really possible: we would like
> for the kiosk
> pages to only display themselves when all items e.g. text, images (perhaps
> even Flash/Shockwave) were "ready" to display, i.e. they all appear at the
> same time.

you can set the visibility of all objects (or embed everything
in a single div (?)) via css to hidden (style="visibility:hidden;")
and call a javascript function in the onload event handler
(<body ... onload="setEverythingToVisible();return true;">)
that sets everything to visible

 e.g. document.getElementById ("hiddenDiv").style.visibility = "visible";
 (CSS 2, NS 4, IE4)

<message.cutOut()>

Wolfgang
MOKKA MEDIENAGENTUR GMBH