[thelist] escaping { and } in XSL

Chris Spruck cspruck at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 6 12:14:52 CST 2002

Aardvark,

At 12:16 PM 3/6/02 -0500, aardvark wrote:
>i have an XSL page that writes some JS functions, but the way the
>JS functions are written, it's causing the XSL parser to think they
>are variables, and therefore blows up...
>
>how does one escape { and } in XSL?

Found a complete entity chart at http://www.bbsinc.com/symbol.html.

{ = {
} = }

Can you just wrap the function in CDATA to get it through the
transformation or is that the obviously *wrong* answer?

I'm just getting into XSL myself and after a quick glance, all I could find
about braces are that you surround an XPath expression with them. I'd
definitely be interested in hearing about a strictly XSL solution, as
opposed to entity substitution, if you come up with something.

HTH!

Chris