[thelist] Hiermenus is licensed now?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 12:54:01 CST 2002

>What is so ridiculous about it? Lets say you charge approx $100 (or
>more...) an hour for advanced DHTML development, something like hiermenus
>would require at least 3 working weeks to build properly.

I've done it in 4 days.

>that's 12000 bucks (and probably a lot more). $1495 seems a fair price if
>you consider that and the
>importance of a good and _working_ navigation for a site...

Problem is, the bloody thing is too bloody large, about 40 to 50K. I wrote a
menu that had all functionalities but one of Hiermenus, and it was 7K only.

Besides, Hierarchical doesn't work in Opera, Konqueror and Explorer 4 on Mac
while these browsers can handle such a script script. Finally, it seems that
every bit of code should be as complex as possible.

I think it's a ridiculous price for a not very good script. Go for a free
one. (And before anyone asks, my own version of this script is not yet
available. I still have to solve some problems and I don't have time for it
right now)
ppk