[thelist] developer ethics?

GregHolmes at aol.com GregHolmes at aol.com
Thu Mar 7 11:47:39 CST 2002

darren <darren at web-bitch.co.uk> wrote:

>On 07 March 2002 at 05:59:16, Joel Canfield <Joel at spinhead.com> wrote:
>
>>>What makes you think that someone with a cert won't use WYSIWYGs only?
>
>JC> Who designed THAT certification? I assume we're talking about some future
>JC> cert that we're in the process of designing, or at least influencing.
>
>wasn't the original poster trying to say that you *could* have any number
>of certifications but still use frontpage as your editor of choice for your
>day to day job.

Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say!  You said it more clearly,
thanks!

>the fact that someone has a certification to any level doesn't necessarily
>mean that are going to use what they have learnt to improve their work
>rather than using it as part of their sales pitch.

Exactly.  I'm not saying it's impossible to have a good cert program; few
things are impossible!  But I'd hate to be in some future interview and see
eyebrows raised in horror: "you don't have the evolt certification?" ;)
Of course, if that's how things go, I'll adapt.  I'll buy "Evolt Cert in 10
Minutes a Day" :)

Greg Holmes
gregholmes at aol.com