[thelist] Tracking users on a site

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Thu Mar 7 11:48:02 CST 2002

I would recommend XStat[1]. I've used it before, its easy to setup, its
freeware and open source. Written in PHP. Stores your data in a plain text
file, so no database required. In addition, you can parse the text file and
use the information for your own use. It is NOT a counter (it displays no
count of users on your site). Its a user tracking sytem. Shows users by
hour, address, page visits, etc. Plus, if you need help configuring
it...I'll be glad to chip in. <grin>

Oh, and before I forget, its multi-lingual.

Regards,
Burhan Khalid

[1] http://xqus.com/x-stat/

[ what a barber does ]