[thelist] WinXP/JavaScript prob

BT Bigpant bigpant at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 7 18:22:00 CST 2002

>I used the JavaScript that Dreamweaver 4 creates for rollover images

I suggest you take a trip to webmonkey.com and brush up on how to write JS
rollovers. It's really not hard, and you will find yourself free of
Dreamweaver's unholy aboration of long winded and *tediously slow* generic
rollover code. It's ok for amateurs or absolute beginners. But if you want
to seriously know your stuff you will learn far more and become a better web
developer/designer far quicker by dumping Dreamweaver and all it's
functionality for a while, and hand-coding in Notepad (OK, I use Allaire's
Homesite 'cos it colour codes JS/Java and HTML). If you need the all-round
capabilities of Dreamweaver, return to it when you need to do a full site
again, but you will be more aware of how it creates code behind the scenes.
If you are really disciplined, use Dreamweaver in text mode only.

You can also try rollovers in Flash, which are usually smaller and less
browser dependent. (Offer an alternative for non-Flash browsers).

btw, the site looks really nice.

Good luck
HTH
Phil Parker