[thelist] PHP is eating my code? maybe?

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Thu Mar 7 23:36:01 CST 2002

Hi all,

I'm very new at PHP (like about 4 hours new) and I'm trying to use it to do
PHP includes (well, actually, require(); ) on a site. The page also uses
Greymatter ( http://noahgrey.com/greysoft/ ). My problem is that something
seems to be eating a few lines of code on the page. When I look at view
source, there are some lines of code missing. When I look at the individual
files straight from the server, the code is there. It seems to be being
eaten somewhere along the way.

So, am I crazy? Okay, I know I'm crazy, but has this happened to anyone
else? Is there something I'm missing?

The code in the parent file is:

<?php
require ("top.php");
require ("newsandevents.php");
require ("bottom.php");
?>

The page that it is producing is at

http://michaelkaufman.passport.ca/newsite/newsandevents/index.php

Keep in mind that I'm not a programmer type and I'm really experimenting,
and I'm also very tired so please excuse me if this doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Tara

--