[thelist] where's the bug!? (NN4 rollover)

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Mar 8 12:38:01 CST 2002

>For some reason my rollovers are causing a JS error in NN4.
>
>function swapImage(imgName, imgSrc) {
>	document[imgName].src=imgSrc;
>}
>
>function out(id) {
>	swapImage (id,'/new/images/btn_' + id + '.gif');
>}

Most likely, your images are in a positioned div - if so, you have to
change function to something like:

function swapImage(imgName, imgSrc, theLayer) {
	if (document.layers) {
		document[theLayer].document[imgName].src=imgSrc;
	}
	else {
		document[imgName].src=imgSrc;
	}
}

PS - when IE's prefs are set to check pages "every time" saying
document[imgName].src='/stribg.gif'; is slow - checks the last
modified date for the image on the rollover ... to avoid that, do the
new Image() thing. Yeah baby.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/