[thelist] CSS and neg margins

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Fri Mar 8 14:35:01 CST 2002

> I need to layout some images and text using negative
> top-margins in order to vertically ovelap the divs that contain them.
> The funny thing is that it seems to be working fine most everywhere
> except IE 6.00.2462!  Is anybody aware of any crazy bugs with this
> browser?

To be honest, I'd be surprised if using negative top margins didn't cause
problems. I can't imagine that using a negative value to create overlaps
would be an intended feature of CSS, whether it works in most browsers or
not. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just not really that logical if you
think about it.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>